Alkaline Water Machines have been getting a lot of press lately. You hear everything from alkaline water can cure cancer to help you lose weight. But can any of these claims really be true? What are alkaline water machines anyway?
You will also see a huge variation in prices, anywhere from $100 to $2100. Why is there such a huge difference in price ranges?
Most people have many questions when trying to decide which is the best alkaline water machine:
- What is the difference between the different types of machines?
- How much do you need to invest in order to get the benefits?
- Which is the best value for the money?
First, we will check out the main features in our comparison chart so you can see how the top-selling alkaline water machines stack up against each other.
Then we will answer some of the top questions most people have when shopping for an alkaline water machine.
The Following Comparison Chart Reviews The Top 4 Alkaline Water Ionizers in 2019
The first three in our comparison table are countertop alkaline water machines. Since the under the counter models can be $2000 more, we also included one as a reference point to help you evaluate the features between the two classes of machines.
|Feature||Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate||Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer||Life Ionizer MXL-11||NewCell Water Ionizer|
|Link to Detailed Product Reviews||Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 Product Review||Bawell 2195 Platinum Water Ionizer Product Review||Life Ionizer MXL-11 Under Counter Alkaline Water Ionizer||New Cell 5 Plate Water Ionizer Product Review|
|pH Range||4.5 to 11||2.0 to 12.0||1.7 - 12.0||4.0 to 10.0|
|ORP Range||+600 to -850mV||+600 to -800||Up to -880 ORP||+620 to -420|
|Plates||7 platinum coated titanium||7 Titanium Platinum Coated Plates||11 Platinum Coated, Titanium Core Plates||5 Solid Platinum Titanium double sized, mesh slotted plates|
Optional Under Sink Kit
|Countertop||Under Sink options||Countertop|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty||Forever Lifetime Warranty covered by Bawell||Lifetime on parts and labor||5 Year Unlimited Warranty|
|Filter Life||6000 liters|
|8 months to 1 Yr||3,000 liters
|Filter Replacement Cost||$40||$60/$85||$70 each (2 req'd)||$65|
FDA Approved Safe Plastics
FDA Approved Safe Plastics
Space Saving Design
|Conclusion||***Our Winner***||1st Runner Up||2nd Runner Up||4th Place|
Save today on selected alkaline water ionizers & machines.
Now that you have a good idea of the features, we’ll cover the frequently asked questions.
What Exactly Are Alkaline Water Machines?
Very simply, an alkaline water machine transforms regular tap water to the optimal Ph level for our bodies. Ph actually stands for potential of hydrogen. Higher Ph liquid has fewer free hydrogen ions.
The PH values range from 0 to 14, with 7 being neutral. Anything lower than 7 is acidic, anything higher is alkaline. To give you a frame of reference, milk has a Ph of 7.0 whereas most sodas or juices have Ph of about 3.
What Features Are Important When Selecting an Alkaline Water Ionizer?
Features that focus on functionality
- Adjustable PH Levels. The control panel should be easy to read and adjust so you can switch between acidic water for cleaning, slightly alkaline water for drinking and higher alkaline levels for cooking.
- Number & Type of Plates. When comparing water ionizers, this is very important. A large number of plates will be a more powerful machine and typically work faster, however more is not always better. Water needs a certain amount of time to be filtered, so there is a balance between adequate filtering, flow rate and the quality of the alkalized water.
- ORP Range. The ORP is the oxygen reduction potential or potential of antioxidants. When measuring ORP, water with a negative ORP has better healing properties. For example, soda has an ORP range of +500 to +600 while antioxidant-rich water has a range of -150 to -450.
Features that focus on convenience
- Easy to Read Controls. A back lit panel that shows you what cycle it is on, so you do not draw water while it is rinsing.
- Placement. Whether the alkaline water ionizer sits on top of your counter or is installed under the sink cabinet can be a deciding factor for many.
- Filter Life and Cost. The replacement cost of the water filter is an important consideration when purchasing a water ionizer. You will also want to factor in the life of each filter.
How do Alkaline Water Ionizers Work?
Alkaline water ionizer machines typically attach to your faucet which is very convenient. These machines will filter and alter the Ph balance of your tap water. The filter is typically an activated carbon filter which will remove impurities and pollutants from the water.
The Ph balance is changed by running the water through a process called electrolysis. This process splits the hydrogen ions and minerals in the water. The machine will produce the transformed water in 2 water streams – alkaline water for drinking and oxidized water which can be used for cleaning.
Watch this simple video to get an understanding on how electrolysis works.
Why Are There Such Big Variations in Price?
There are 3 main types of alkaline water machines which are in vastly different price ranges. There are also important optional features which will affect the price in a big way. The first reason for the big differences in price is there are different types of alkaline water machines. We will review the cost and major features of each type.
1. Alkaline Water Ionizers or Alkaline Water Machines.
Many manufactures will use these two terms interchangeably or combine both in the product name. Some examples include:
- Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate Alkaline Water Ionizer and Alkaline Water Machine
- New Cell Ionizer and Alkaline Water Machine
These are the machines which will both filter and change the water’s PH value by running it through an electromagnetic field. This is also known as electrolysis which ionizes the water. In this category, you will find two big price ranges:
- Counter top models. Most systems will sit on top of the counter next to the faucet. These units are priced from about $650 to $2,000
- Under Cabinet models. The higher end units will fit under your sink cabinet. These are generally priced over $2,000
Additional price fluctuations are seen based on the number of plates and materials used in the water ionizer. A higher number of plates will normally equate to a higher price tag.
2. Reverse Osmosis Systems.
A reverse osmosis system is very different from the water ionizers. A reverse osmosis system runs the water through several very fine filters. Each filter has a purpose. One will remove trace minerals, contaminants, and sediment. Another will add back calcium and magnesium minerals. The end result is slightly alkaline water free of impurities.
Reverse Osmosis Home Systems have a much lower price tag average about $200-400. You can view our comparison table of the most popular reverse osmosis home systems here.
3. Alkaline Water Filter Pitchers.
An alkaline water pitcher is basic water filter that also has the ability to alkalize your drinking water. Two big differences for these types of water filters are they do not hook up to your sink or have adjustable ORP or PH levels of the water.
On the plus side, they do a good job of removing impurities from your drinking water. They are also a good portable choice. For example, if you are traveling, they are easy to pack up and bring with you. The downside is you have to keep filing them up. The water holding capacity of alkaline water filter pitchers is anywhere from 10 cups to 4 gallons depending on your price point.
The prices for a basic alkaline water pitcher type filter range from about $30 to $130. For more information and a comparison chart of the top selling models, read our article on Alkaline Water Filter Pitchers.
What Are The Benefits of Alkaline Water?
Increasing the Ph of our drinking water has been said to have many health benefits. Here are just a few of the ways it can help.
- Better Hydration: The smaller water clusters are absorbed more easily into your body hydrating it much faster than ordinary water
- Power Source of Antioxidants: Drinking alkaline or ionized water can help to neutralize free radicals in your body that can cause diseases to flourish.
- Relieve Acid Reflux: Some doctors prescribe drinking water with a higher alkaline level to treat reflux disease.
Read more about the Top 10 Alkaline Water Benefits to discover how it can help you in your journey for better health.
Which Alkaline Water Machine Is The Best Value For The Money?
Based on a combination of factors, we believe the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate Alkaline Water Ionizer is the best buy.
We reviewed the cost, features and overall customer feedback of the top 5 alkaline water machines in the mid-range market. The Aqua-Ionizer by Air Life was the clear choice as the best value. Not only was the system reasonably priced, and had very competitive features with even the higher priced units, but the company’s customer service is excellent.
When you are making an investment like buying an alkaline water ionizer, you want to be sure you can rely on the company. It’s very reassuring to know if you do happen to have any questions or experience problems, help is just a phone call away.
Customer Reviews for the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate Alkaline Water Machine
What are customers saying about the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate model?
- A great value for the price. This product has received many great comments on the price of unit as compared to others on the market. They feel they have received a good value.
- Excellent customer service. Almost everyone agrees that the customer service is outstanding. Even when small issues come up they were handled promptly by very helpful staff.
- A quality product. After using the aqua-ionizer for months, customers are happy with their purchase, so it holds up to the test of time.
- Easy to Install. Installation is reported to be very easy and can be completed in a short amount of time.
- Ph levels are good. Many folks have tested the water produced by the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe, and it has consistently been shown to produce alkaline water which is of course one of the most important things to know before you purchase. This machine does what they say it does.
Our favorite model is the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe since it met our requirements for providing good quality alkaline water as well as being reasonably priced. We also like the fact that there is an under counter kit available, so you can free up that valuable counter space. Click here to get more information or buy the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 Plate Alkaline Water Ionizer directly from Amazon.
However, there are still several other good models on the market today. Our second favorite model is the Bawell Platinum Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine. Bawell is an incredibly respected brand in the field of water filters.
This model is a little pricier, but if you have the budget, it’s a great unit with some expanded features. The Bawell Platinum 2195 has an expanded Ph range with 8 pre-programmed levels, a long-lasting SMPS power system, a 2 stage internal filter system and even has a voice reminder right from the control panel. Imagine a water filter that talks to you – now that’s impressive!
Are you ready to start experiencing better health with an alkaline water machine?