An alkaline water ionizer is a filtration system that uses ion chargers to clean the water. Many have electrified plates within the system that have water flow over the plates and changes the ions charge. This is known to kill many contaminates and organisms that reside in some water supplies.
Changing the ion charge in water to purify it is preferable to using just a carbon filter to remove contaminants. Many ionizer water filtration system will have adjustable pH levels to adjust the water to bring it to lower acidic and higher alkaline levels.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Alkaline Water Ionizers?
- 2 What Are The Benefits Of Alkaline Water?
- 3 Can An Alkaline Water Ionizer Save You Money?
- 4 What Features Should You Look For In An Ionizer?
- 5 Where Can You Get The Best Deal On A Quality Water Ionizer?
- 6 Is This A Purchase Worth Making?
What Are Alkaline Water Ionizers?
Alkaline water ionizers are machines that are usually small enough to sit on the kitchen counter or underneath the sink. The regular tap water is flowed into the system and goes through a series of processes, some will have carbon and other filters along with the ionizer charged plates.
These plates are electrically charged to change the ions and clean the water to a healthy and contaminate-free state. On the panel or display of the machine it will have numbers and settings to test the water to find if it is alkaline or acidic. The preference is to have the water for drinking at a low acidic level and higher alkaline level.
What Are The Benefits Of Alkaline Water?
The benefits of alkaline water are many according to reviews online and testimonials of people that drink a higher level of alkaline water. Many say that by drinking water that is higher in acid our bodies are starved from oxygenated water and we more easily get diseases and aliments.
Our bodies are composed of mostly water. The brain and heart are composed of over 70% water. The claims are when drinking higher acidic water, our brain and body is actually dehydrated. That causes sicknesses and diseases. Also, to have a mostly alkaline level in your body it is said that disease cannot grow there.
Can An Alkaline Water Ionizer Save You Money?
If you have water delivered to your door or wait in line at the local water filter kiosk then you could quite possibly save money. It will take a calculation of your return on investment to know the numbers for sure.
However, if you are buying an alkaline water ionizer for more than just great tasting water, the benefits may be more valuable than saving you money. If the testimonials are to be believed than the alkaline water ionizer will provide you with good health, energy and a younger looking body.
What Features Should You Look For In An Ionizer?
According to the reviews and comments online, here are some of the top features to look at when buying a alkaline water ionizer.
Features that focus on functionality
- Adjustable PH Levels. If you want to get your water down in acidic levels and up in alkaline levels, the best option to have is a display with adjustable pH levels. After the water is filtered, you can double check the levels, a simple litmus test for acid can be performed to verify the readings on the unit.
- Number & Type of Plates. When comparing water ionizers, this is very important. The titanium/platinum dipped plates are best – the higher the number of plates, the better.
- ORP Range. The ORP is the oxygen reduction potential, or potential of antioxidants. When measuring ORP, water with a negative ORP has better healing properties. For example, soda has an ORP range of +500 to +600 while antioxidant rich water has a range of -150 to -450.
Features that focus on convenience
- Easy to Read Controls. A back lit panel that shows you what cycle it is on so you do not draw water while it is rinsing.
- Placement. Whether the alkaline water ionizer sits on top of your counter or is installed under the sink cabinet can be a deciding factor for many.
- Filter Life and Cost. The replacement cost of the water filter is an important consideration when purchase an alkaline water machine. You will also want to factor in the life of each filter.
- Short Rinse Cycles. A good measure is a rinse cycle that will renew the ionic plates about every 10 gallons of water filtered.
Where Can You Get The Best Deal On A Quality Water Ionizer?
The first and last place you will want to look for the best deal on a quality water ionizer is online. Online you cannot only compare prices but you can read what others have said, the research that they have done and also the experience that they have had with the unit.
You will also get to take advantage of those that have done research and what products they would recommend and or own. You may also find deals or coupons.
Online you can do a side-by-side comparison of the features, sizes, prices and the shipping charges. You will also have a clear idea of what the return policy is and how the company deals with customer service issues.
Is This A Purchase Worth Making?
To determine if this is a purchase worth making you need to ask yourself what made you want to buy one in the first place. Is it for health reasons or for quality of water, or maybe you just heard about the benefits of a high alkaline diet and want to find out more about the systems.
Only you can ultimately make the decision of whether the purchase is worth making. It is not always easy to weigh a large purchase for a possible good health decision. We make small decisions every day when we buy our food and if we should buy organic or not, natural or not and green friendly. But when it comes to your health you have to answer whether it is worth it or not.